DinBox M36, the out-of-the-box SMS alarming unit for industrial applications!
The DinBox M36 is a GSM / GPRS telemetry solution in a 9-unit M36 DIN-rail housing with embedded SMS application for all kind of events. The product is perfectly tailored to the industry's needs where reliability is important. With the DinBox M36, machines can be controlled or monitored through GSM, GPRS or SMS. Thanks to the ‘intelligent watchdog' technology and the optional backup battery the product offers the highest reliability for mission critical applications. Moreover, the DinBox M36 has an ‘open Java J2ME environment' to provide opportunities for companies to develop their own application in the DinBox M36.
The DinBox M36 offers an ‘always-on' solution for the wireless GPRS network to make internet communication possible. The product comes with 4 digital inputs, 2 digital outputs and 1 analog input. The device is powered by an integrated wide range AC 100-260V 50-60Hz power supply or optionally by a 9-30 Vdc power supply. Also optional are a battery backup with Lithium 4.9 Wh rechargeable battery and a Watchdog. The integration with the SMS Comfort back office software is another option which makes the time-to-market extremely short for anyone who wants to start with SMS communication, making the DinBox M36 a perfect solution in combination with PLC's, automated vending machines or other industrial products.
SMS alarming, controlling and monitoring
Most important, the product can be supplied with a 'SMS alarm' application, which makes it possible for anyone to start a quick monitoring and controlling of devices through SMS.
The DinBox M36 is tuned for alarming and controlling functionalities for f.i. automated vending machines.
The DinBox M36 is tuned for alarming and controlling functionalities. The RTU can receive SMS for controlling functionalities (f.i. to open and close digital contacts) and can send SMS or 'http post & get' for f.i. alarm messaging. Common applications are alarming, controlling and measurement for vending machines, measuring bureaus (f.i. sending of analog data of architect measurements), pumps operational time, low frequency pulse counting...
- Heartbeat (configurable)
- Input changes (DI1 up to DI4) (up and/or down slope)
- Back-up battery control
- When there is a power failure, an SMS is send (for this you need to include the battery option). This is very usefull for f.i. monitoring UPS systems.
- Measurement of period when a contact is closed or open
- SMS confirmation by acknowledgements (ACK)
- Status reporting: actual status of the DI and DO (f.i ID/Location/Pomp1/Hour/Input 1 ‘high'
- monitoring of analog data with usage of analog input. (The inputs are configurable between 0 and 4,8V, with the 12 bit ADC, this means 4000 values) with setting of treshhold levels
- Time driven output set & reset (DO1 & DO2) with optional SMS configuration output change ( (f.i sending of SMS:'close contact 3 for 30 minutes)
- Opening and closing of contacts through SMS
DinBox M36 comes with 4 digital inputs, 2 digital outputs and 1 analog input.
Configuration by RJ-45 interface to 'Hyperterminal' or other.
Max 8 telephone numbers configurable
'Round Robin' SMS messaging
Date & Time: time by SMS or NTP client via GPRS (optional)